Consisting of the white, brown, black, blue and red scapulars, the Fivefold Scapular is also hand made in England by traditionalist nuns.
Initially it was four-fold and only became five-fold after the approval of the Red Scapular in 1857. It has been known as the Redemptorist Scapular since the Redemptorist Fathers were granted the right to bless and invest the scapular by the Holy See in 1803 – a faculty later extended to any priest.
Wearers must be enrolled using an approved formula and can gain a plenary indulgence under the usual conditions.
© 2019 Catholic Tradition
Website design by Catholic Tradition Media