The green scapular was approved by Pius IX in 1870 following a series of apparitions of the Holy Mother in Paris in the 1840s in which she gave the scapular to Sister Justine Bisqueyburo, a Daughter of Charity.
It bears the prayer given to Sister Justine by the Blessed Virgin of devotion to her Immaculate Heart for the healing and conversion of the person for whom the scapular has been blessed.
Like all of our scapulars, it is hand made in England by traditionalist nuns. A leaflet about the Green Scapular costs an extra 25p.
© 2019 Catholic Tradition
Website design by Catholic Tradition Media